COUNTRIES & PLACES:
MAG MELL (Mag-mel) – The main continent, comprised of Kathra, Harmatia, Bethean & Avalon.
HARMATIA (Hur-marsh-ee-ah) – Capital and kingdom of the central lands, stood between Kathra and Bethean. Founder of human magic, and home of the Magi.
- ANAES’ FORTRESS (A-knee-us) – A fortress on the edge of the Myrithian forest.
BETHEAN (Beth-een.) – Capital and Kingdom of the south-eastern lands. Divided from Harmatia by the MYRITHIAN (Mear-rith-ee-an) forest.
- SARRIN (Sah-rin) – A northern province in Bethean, with a town of the same name.
KATHRA (Kath-rah) – Kingdom of the far north, separated into four provinces: SIGEL’EG (Sig-elle-leg) The Capital, La’KALCIAR (La Kal-See-er) The Lake Region, MAEAR (Meer) The Farming Region and ISNYDEA (Is-nah-dee) Land of the Damned.
AVALON (Ah-vah-lon) – Land of the Sidhe, stood to the far East, between the sea and Bethean.
RÉNE (Rhen-ay) – Country across the sea to the south of Mag Mell, known as the ‘Country of the Sun.’
KING THESTIAN (Thest-ee-un) – Son of King KREON & Queen GUINEVE . Known as the Benevolent King.
- His first wife – QUEEN REINE DuBLANCHE (Rhenn do bu-lon-shuh) daughter of King BOZIDAR of Kathra and his Queen FREIA.
- Their son – SVERRIN DuBLANCHE (Svaer-rin), deceased. Known as the Warrior Prince.
- His second wife – THE LADY ÉLIANE of the DELPHI (Eh-lee-ann of the Del-fee) Daughter of Lord VINCENT & Lady ELLA.
- Their son – (JIONAT)HAN of the DELPHI ((Yo-nat)-han), heir to throne. Known as the Delphi Prince.
BELPHEGORE ODIN (Bel-fa-gore Oh-din) – Leader of the Magi, successor and apprentice of HORATIO of the DELPHI.
- His first apprentice – ARLEN ZACHARY (Arh-len Zack-ary) son of RIVALEN ZACHARY & MARIA DuMORNE. Leader of the Night Patrol.
- His second apprentice – RUFUS MERLE, (Roo-fas Murl) son of TORIN MERLE & NORA MEREL (nee ROSSIGNOL.)
MORGO EDWIN (More-go Ed-win) – Leader of the Healing Sect.
MARCEL HATHELY (Mar-sell hath-a-lee) – Son of PETAR HATHELY & MARGARETE AUCHERION. Second in command of the Night Patrol.
- His apprentice – EMERIC FOLD (Em-ah-rick fold) son of ARTHUR FOLD & JANE HATHELY. Member of the Night Patrol.
PHEOLUS PATRUDE (Fee-you-less Pa-trude) – A Lord in Thestian’s Court.
SAPHAR (Sah-far) – A famous Harmatian Playwright & novelist from the last century.
- CIARÁN (Keer-awn) A Gancanagh from ‘The Lover’s Sin’ by Saphar
- SOPHIA (So-fee-ah) Ciarán’s lover from ‘The Lover’s Sin’ by Saphar
- DELLATANIA (Del-ah-tan-ya) A Knight from ‘The Barrel Men’ by Saphar
- ARDIOS (Ar-dee-yos) A Knight from ‘The Barrel Men’ by Saphar
- VESPUS (Ves-pous) A Knight from ‘The Barrel Men’ by Saphar
- JOSHUA (Joh-shew-ah) The forgotten prince from ‘The Barrel Men’ by Saphar.
KING MARKUS (Mar-kas) – King of Bethean, son of King MADREAN & Queen MAUD. Known as the Just King.
- His wife – EVAENGALINE (Ee-van-ja-lean)
- Their Daughter – AURORA (Ah-roar-rah)
- Their Son – HAMISH (Hey-mish)
MICHAEL ROSSIGNOL (My-kal Ross-sin-yol) – Patron of Sarrin town, first cousin of NORA MERLE.
- His wife – LILY-ANNE (Lily-An)
- Their Daughter – MIELANE (Me-len)
- Their Daughter – LUCA (Loo-ka)
- Their Daughter – ANNABELLE (Anna-bell)
- Their Son – ROWAN (Row – en)
FAERIES & SIDHE
FAE ó MURCHADH of the NEVE (Fay O’ Mur-rha of the Neh-vay) – Courier of the CAT SIDHE (Cat-She), a mercenary Sidhe.
EMBARR REAGON (Em-bar Ray-gan) – GANCANAGH (Gan-Can-Nah) a Faerie Incubi.
BRUATAR (Brue-tar) – A Changling from the Myrithian forest.
- His underling JAK (Jack), a simple bandit.
NIAMH (Neeve) – Sidhe Goddess and Fae’s Grandmother.
TITANIA (Tee-tah-knee-ah) – Queen of the Seelie Court.
KORRIGAN (Koh-reh-gan) – Priestesses of the Sidhe Goddess MORRIGAN (Moh-reh-gan)
BEAN NIGHE (Ben Neeyah) – Souls of departed mothers, perished in pregnancy or childbirth.
RED CAP – A ghoulish creature that haunts ruins and abandoned castles.
FOMORII (Fah-more-ree) – A clan of faeries, equal to the Sidhe. Also known as ‘Elves’.
KELPIE (Kel-pee) – A water-horse that entices victims onto its back, then drowns and eats them.
SEËR (See-ur) – A person with the gift of foresight.
CHANGLING (Change-ling) – A faerie baby that has been swapped for a human child.
THE TRUE GODS
ARAMATHEA (Ah-rah-mah-tay-ah) – Mother of the Gods, Daughter of Danu.
MALAK (Mah-lack) – Goddess of Wisdom, Travel & Merchants, Daughter of Wind
ETHEUS (Ee-thee-us) – God of Swiftness, Cunning & Thieves, Son of Wind
PROSPAN (Pro-span) – Goddess of Nurture, Parenthood & Farmers, Daughter of Earth
HAYLIX (Hey-licks) – Goddess of Arts, Elegance & Children, Daughter of Water
PENTHAR (Pen-thar) – God of Pride, Courage & Warriors, Son of Earth
HEXIAS (Hex-ee-us) – God of Will, Strength & Forging, Son of Fire
SEPTUS (Sep-tus) – God of Healing, Science & Medicine, Son of Earth
OCTANIA (Oc-tay-knee-ah) – Goddess of Creativity, Intelligence & Scholars, Daughter of Fire
NOTAMEER (Not-ah-meer) – God of Justice, Logic & Life, Ruler of the Day and Giver of Light. Son of Water. Notameer’s star is the sun.
ATHEA (Ah-tee-ah) – Goddess of Emotion, Battle & Death, Ruler of the Night, Guide to the Lost and Giver of Dreams. Daughter of Fire. Athea’s star is known as the ‘Red Star’.